This quick go-to guide will walk you through the basic and essential steps necessary to begin your journey with HSEL.
- Signing Up
- Team Approval Process
- Team Information Page
- Adding Members
- Adding Game Connections
- Creating Rosters
- Purchasing Passes
- Assign Battle Passes
- Registering for Tournaments
1. Signing Up/Applying
Any school interested in competing must first sign up as a “school official” on the HSEL website. We recommend you have admin approval before applying.
Note: Please use school email when applying.
2. Team Approval Process
Your application may take up to 48 hours to process. You will be contacted via email by an HSEL representative when your application has been approved.
Note: We cannot approve your application until you have verified your email address and we have verified your faculty status for the school you are applying for.
3. Team Page Information
To find your team page, click “Teams” from the left-hand navigation menu once you have logged into your account. From this page you can see your team’s info, add members, create rosters, and access your battle pass inventory.
Note: When you apply, your team is auto created for you. You can edit your team's information via the edit button on the info page. Please do not create a second team unless you are planning on participating in multiple communities.
4. Adding Members
- When on your team page, click the “Members” tab at the top. Your members page will show you all your members, their game connections, and their assigned passes. By pressing the three dots to the right of their name, you can make them captains, add them to rosters, suspend, and delete them as well.
- When you are ready to invite students to your team click the “+ Add Member” button. You have two different invitation options. You can send them a direct email or you can generate and distribute an invitation link. If you want to send more than one email invite at a time, click the big plus sign to generate another email slot.
4.1 Adding Advisors
- If your team has more than one advisor, you can invite them by clicking the “+ Add Member” option on your members page.
- Once they appear in your members list, you can then click the three dots to the right of their name and press on “Make Captain”.
Note: Please have any additional advisor sign up as a student and not as a school official. If they sign up as a school official, it will generate an additional school application for your team. Only one school application is needed per school.
5. Adding Game Connections (students only)
- In order for a student to be added to a roster, they must have a game connection set for that specific game.
- They can access their game connections by selecting “Connect Games” from the left-hand navigation menu. The game connections page will allow the student to view, add, edit, and delete their game connections.
- To add a game connection, they select “Add Game Connection” from the games connection page. From the game connection popup window, they need to select the game they wish to add from the dropdown menu and enter the screen name/gamertag/account name they use on the platform they play that game on.
Note: Please include the numbers included in the Battlenet tag and Switch Friend Code if applicable.
6. Creating Rosters
- From the left-hand navigation menu, select “Teams” and then select your team.
- From here you can select the “Rosters'' tab at the top to access your rosters page. The rosters page shows your roster list and allows you to create, edit, and delete rosters.
- To create a new roster, select the “Create New” button. From here you can name your roster, select what game the roster is for from the dropdown menu and then click on the “Add Members” button to add members to the roster.
- When creating single player rosters, all members playing on the same platform (xbox, ps4, switch, pc, etc) can be added to the same roster. Platform does not matter for crossplay games.
- When creating team based rosters, please place the proper amount of members that the game requires on the roster. You can add substitutes to the roster but members can only be on one roster for a specific game.
Note: If you cannot add a member to a roster it is because that member does not have their game connection set to the game you are creating the roster for.
7. Purchasing Passes
- From the left-hand navigation menu, select “Purchase Passes”.
- Once you have located the pass you want to purchase, click “Purchase” on that pass.
- From this page you can select how many passes you want to purchase, as well as who you want to purchase them for (your account or a specific team).
7.1 Purchasing Passes (Your Account)
- If purchasing passes for yourself or if you are wanting to purchase a pass as a gift for someone else then select “Your Name (Your Account)” from the dropdown menu.
- From here you can select “This Pass Is For Me” or “This Pass Is A Gift”.
- If you select “This Pass Is For Me” then it will immediately ask for your payment method you wish to charge the pass to. This pass will auto assign to you once purchased.
- If you select “This Pass Is A Gift” then it will ask you to input the email of the person you are gifting the pass to and then it will ask for your payment method you wish to charge the pass to.
Note: You cannot revoke a pass that has been gifted to another individual.
7.2 Purchasing Passes (Your Team)
- If purchasing passes for your team, select the team you are purchasing passes for from the dropdown menu and press continue.
- From this next page, you can select what players you want to purchase a pass for and press continue. Any extra passes you have will be added to your “Battle Pass Inventory” on your teams information page.
- Now you can select what payment method.
Note: If you wish to purchase passes via invoice, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and provide them with what type of pass and how many you wish to purchase.
8. Assign Battle Passes
- Click on your team name from the Teams tab on the left-hand navigation menu and then click on Battle Pass Inventory.
- To assign your players battle passes, click the “Assign” button next to their name. You can also revoke an assigned pass by clicking “Revoke”.
Note: All players on a roster must have a Battle Pass assigned to them in order to be registered for a tournament.
9. Registering for Tournaments
- From the left-hand navigation menu, select "Communities", then under the my communities section select “Learn More” on the community you want to access.
- Once on your communities page, click “Tournaments” found under the “sponsored by” section. This will bring you to the tournaments page for your community where you can sort by platform, game, and tournament.
- Click on the tournament you want to register for to be brought to the Competition Overview for that game. From here you can select “Register Now” which will bring up a popup window where you can select the roster you want to register from a dropdown menu and then select “Register Now” again. Congratulations! Your roster is tournament ready!
Note: You can double check on your registration by clicking the “Tournament History” button on the rosters information page. It will show you the tournaments that the roster is currently registered for.