During the course of a season there may be times where your team will run across a situation where a forfeit will need to be reported for your match. Though not every situation will immediately call for a forfeit to be issued.
When should a forfeit be issued for a match?
Lack of contact/communication
After seeding, teams need to contact their opponents to set up a time to play their game ASAP. If no contact is made a Forfeit will be issued to the team who did not attempt communication.
- Communication MUST be attempted through Match Chat, the game's discord channel and the captain's discord channel(example: Overwatch and Captains-Ow) before a Forfeit report can be submitted.
- If no communication is made from the other team, a forfeit can be submitted at the default time for your game (5pm your local time)
- Make sure to screenshot your attempts for proof to back up your forfeit claim in these situations.
Lack of required players on a Roster
If your opponent does not have the required amount of players to fill a full team in your game, please report the forfeit at 5pm your local time the day your game was scheduled to be played.
Your Opponent Forfeits
If your opponent informs you that their team will be forfeiting the match, report it as such.
*For all other match issues please file a match dispute.
If you run across a situation in your games or need to bring a troublesome player to our attention, please use this form to file a match dispute.
When to File a Dispute
Sometimes telling the difference between when and when not to file a match dispute can be a little confusing. Here is a short list of instances where a match dispute would be needed.
- Use of banned items or characters in game
- Negative or Toxic Behavior
- Incorrect Reporting of a Match